When I was little I created a club called the ‘Love is… Club’ dedicated to the cartoons by Kim Casali. I used to love opening up the newspaper and looking at the cartoon for that day. I would cut it out and bring it into school to discuss it with the other members of the ‘Love is…Club’. I had completely forgotten about that club or those cartoons until I started to write this. Sadly, due to copyright, I can’t post one of those cartoons here, but there will be a few of you who will remember the cartoons I mean.
In honour of that club, but sadly without the illustrations, this blog is just about what ‘love is’ to me.
- waiting for someone even when they are delayed;
- being there;
- being utterly willing to go through the pain of child-birth.
- tiring (staying awake with a teething baby);
- standing on the edge of a football match on a cold, wet day watching my daughter play football and brimming with pride;
- being excited to see my husband walk through the door, even though I have been with him for 25 years.
- calling my mum every day just to hear her say hi;
- remembering that birthday, anniversary, celebration;
- letting my daughter use my make-up!
- letting go;
Love is the greatest gift that we can give to one another.